Do you have furniture or other household items that you'd like to donate to charity? Here are several California organizations that accept donations of furniture, clothing, toys and other household items.
- Collette’s Children’s Home – Donate furniture and gently used household items www.coletteschildrenhome.com
- Salvation Army - The Salvation Army covers all of California and accepts donations of clothing, furniture and other gently used items. Call 800-958-7825 to arrange for a pickup.
- Goodwill Industries - Locate a local donation center
- TechDrop – In an effort to support a "greener" environment, Golden West Moving, Inc. provides a free drop-off facility where one can let go of broken & obsolete materials.
The following is a list of items that are accepted: Televisions (CRTs/LCDs), Computer Monitors, Computers (CPUs), Laptops, keyboards, Printers, Mice, Hard Drives, Fax Machines, Microwave Ovens, DVD players, VCRs, Cables & Cords, Telephones, Cell Phones, Radios, Stereo Components, Power Supplies, Tape & Zip Drives, PC Boards, Lab Equipment, Optical Drives, and more!
Please Note: We do not accept electrical items (i.e. lamps, fans, hair dryers, etc)
- Habitat for Humanity Orange County - Drop-off locations: Anaheim ReStore at 1656 West Katella Avenue & Santa Ana ReStore at 1400 Village Way. Call 714-434-6266 for more information.
- Vietnam Vets of America - This organization serves all of California and can pickup clothing, toys, baby items, bikes, tools and some household items. Call 800-775-8387 to schedule a pick-up or for more information.
For a list of other services that can pick-up your unwanted items, please refer to this list maintained by California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov